Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter at the Kerry Mountain

Lough Accoose and Mcgillycuddy Reeks

Lough Accoose

Lough Accoose and Mcgillycuddy Reeks

Lough Accoose

Old farm on the road to Killorglin

Lough Accoose and Caher Mountain

Mcgillycuddy Reeks from  the South

Lough Accoose

Caher Lake


Caher  Lake

On my way to Killarney, I took the road to Caher Lake.
 A nice sunny day, no wind. About 5°C, but it felt like 15.
I stopped several times to take photos and got just carried away.
I had never expected to take any decent photos in the middle of the day. Kerry seems to have a special quality in the light.
 You don´t need to wait for the evening, the clarity of the air and the subtle colours are very prominent all the time.
 Lough Accoose and the Mcgillycuddy Reeks were just there in silence.
I´m sure there were some climbers on there way to the top of Carrauntoohil, Irelands highest peak.
 I met a nice woman on the road with her son going for a walk. She had a camera too. I´m sure she has some nice photos taken. It could´nt go wrong.
 If you are passing Killorglin take the road to Glencar, you´ll be rewarded.
 p.s. I never made it to Killarney.
Photos were taken with 40, 50 and 70-200mm lens, some with Polarizer Filter.
 ©Michael Herrmann 2013