Monday, May 14, 2012

Coomasaharn Lake and the Range of Light

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake
Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Coomasaharn Lake

Waterfall from Coomacullen Lake
Waterfall from Coomacullen Lake

On the way up to Coomacullen Lake

Coomacullen Valley

Coomacullen Lake Valley



Coomacullen Lake

Coomacullen Lake

Big Fish  at Coomacullen Lake

Coomacullen Lake


Coomacullen Lake

Coomacullen Lake

Coomacullen Lake

Coomacullen Lake

I have been there only recently but I knew I had some unfinished business there. And still have. And may ever have. But I know now more than I knew two weeks ago.
The light in Kerry is fantastic. Its changing at the speed of the wind. The wind can be strong. It knocked me down while walking the hills yesterday. Luckely I had my camera in my bag. I fell in to a hole too. I slipped crossing a river and had a soaked boot and trouser leg for the next two hours.
I had to climb down as I never climbed before. At 6pm I noticed the sky darkening badly. The rain started and for the next two and a half hours I walked trough a shower and strong wind. My rain jacket safed me. My gear was under raincover too and dry. The rest was soaked and cold. I never enjoyed driving home so much. I had the best hot port prepared by my wife and a great meal too. When I fell in to my bed I knew I had met my limit and a thing or two about safety on the mountain. I never met any human being during the 9 hours out there. What a place to be. But what a joy to come home too. Enjoy life.