Friday, June 29, 2012

Black and White or Colour Photography?

Colour or

Black and white?


Colour

Movement





























I went to Valentia Island the other evening again. The sky was overcast and created a very soft light with subtle colours and no shadows at all. I took some pictures of the rock formations and the sea and while I was doing it I knew already that some of them would end up beeing turned in to black and white photos. If you have a similar idea, take the photos in colour and do the black and white coversion later in your editing software. I used Lightroom and have some presets with different settings for split toning or vignetting and contrast. Some photos do not need any colour at all other photos contain more information when they are in colour.
I used a polarizer filter and tripod, all photos with the 2.5 50mm macro lens.